Colleagues,

I have been asked by a colleague to inquire with subscribers to this
listserv as to any anecdotes or citations to articles about
collections that have either been sold or donated to an archives when
the "donor" did not legally own the collection but is "donating" or
"selling" them as if he or she did and what, if any, problems
transpired as a result of the transaction. I would be interested in
any responses. Thanks.
--

Louis Jones, CA
Archivist III