David:

  We have an area for "mystery theatres" on our website.  The comments are emailed to our webmaster (volunteer).  This allows for screening the comments before posting them to the website.  We receive comments from people all over the world.  Sometimes they even help to solve the mystery!  See our website at
  www.historictheatres.org

  One downside to Flickr (or Snapfish, Yahoo!, etc) is that people have to create an account to view the photos.  Some people will lose interest if/when they encounter this road block.  Make it as easy as possible for people to view and/or reply.  Also, this type of photo sharing usually allows people to order your photos.  Most institutions would consider this another downside.

  Kathy McLeister
  Theatre Historical Society of America
  Elmhurst, IL
  www.historictheatres.org

David Smolen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  Has anyone used the web site FLICKR as a way to help identify
unidentified photographs? It would seem like a nice way to interact with
your constituents and learn more about your collections.

David Smolen
Special Collections Librarian
New Hampshire Historical Society
Phone: (603) 856-0643