Yesterday Marsha Maguire commented on the NUCMC records that were loaded into OCLC WorldCat, updated by her institution and then overlaid with the original records.  I'm glad you posted this, Marsha, because I searched a sample of our records on NUCMC and found that our updated catalog records had been replaced with the original records on 8/17/06.  I submitted an inquiry to our OCLC network about this phenomenon and look forward to hearing more.

It would be helpful to hear from any other institutions that participated in NUCMC and have archival records on OCLC to get an rough idea of the impact of this occurrence.

Connie Conner
Head, Curatorial Services Cataloging Unit
Ohio Historical Society
1982 Velma Avenue
Columbus, OH  43211-2427
614-297-2573