This cryptic posting caught my eye, and then I read the article.  Surprisingly it

concerns the recent discovery of the kidnapped girl in Austria where police have

found the computer but it is a C64 and they appear baffled about how to transfer

the files.

Ed's comment is right on the money.   According to the article, the C64 is an

"antique"....  There are quite a few websites of C64 enthusiasts, I have at least

ten of the machines myself (school board auction!).   I'm not sure why they can't

get the machine running, perhaps they can't find a mouse!!  :D

Sounds like we need a new TV show called "Desperate Historians."

Dean

Dean DeBolt

University Librarian, Special Collections

John C. Pace Library, University of West Florida

11000 University Parkway

Pensacola, FL  32514-5750

850-474-2213