The real question on dusting is whether the duster leaves a film of
something.  I notice

Pledge is now pushing their dusters which actually contain a slight oil
to pick up dust,

but I would gather that perhaps a small film of the oil is left on
items.   That's what we

want to avoid.   I've used the swiffer dusters at home on computer
equipment and

monitors and I don't see/find/feel any residue so that is probably okay.

Document cleaning pads that you mention, at least the ones I use,
utilize a slight

"powder" to abrade the item to remove the dust.    I like them but I'm
cautious since they

leave a powder residue on everything around them.

Dean

Dean DeBolt

University Librarian, Special Collections

John C. Pace Library, University of West Florida

11000 University Parkway

Pensacola, FL  32514-5750

850-474-2213