Some other primary sources - (opposing prohibition at the religious,
state, and/or national level)

	Protestant Jesuitism by Calvin Colton, 1836
		 - anti prohibition in religion (when Lyman Beecher and colleagues
were institutionalizing teetotalism and
		New England had recently lost state sponsored religion.  The word
temperance was becoming perverted
		to mean "total abstinence." Colton had just switched from being a
Presbyterian minister to an Episcopal minister.)
	A Review of the Late Temperance Movements in Massachusetts by
Leonard Withington, 1840
		- anti prohibition in religion (just before the secular
Washingtonians burst on the scene)
	Ramrod Broken by "A New England Journalist" 1859
		- "the Bible, History, and Common Sense in Favor of the Use of Good
Spirituous Liquor;
		Showing the Advantage of a License System in Preference to
Prohibition, and "Moral" in
		Preference to "Legal Suasion." (subtitle to book)
	Errors of Prohibition by John A. Andrew, 1867 (Governor of
Massachusetts five straight terms)
		- http://quod.lib.umich.edu/cgi/t/text/text-idx?
sid=6ecb26d8fcf61d972792b7e62287d86c&c=moa&idno=AEU2714.0001.001&view=to
	Morality of Prohibitory Liquor Laws by W B Weeden, 1875 (Unitarian
speaker)
		- "... to turn humane temperance impulse away from its abnormal
action in law and in the state, and
		give it natural play in the ethical improvement of the individual
man and society." (preface)
	Temperance (1907 - ?), a monthly journal from the Episcopal "Church
Temperance Society" started 1881 (earlier in England)
		- pro 'high license' over prohibition with lots of social programs
on substitutes for the saloon.