Hi Bob (and all)
Please respond to Lowell directly.  I am not sure if he is on the list.

Dan Malleck

At 11:35 AM 9/23/2008, Bob Skilnik wrote:
Lowell,

Having written Beer: A History of Brewing in Chicago, and most recently Beer & Food: An American History, this is the kind of material I treasure.

Please contact me at  [log in to unmask].

Thanks,

Bob Skilnik
----- Original Message -----
From: Dan Malleck
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2008 9:48 AM
Subject: Brewing industry documents

Dear Colleagues
Here is a message from Lowell Edmunds

Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 10:37:52 -0400
From: "Lowell Edmunds" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: message for list

I have 20 linear inches or more of files on the U.S. brewing industry from around 1980, starting from say 1978.  My wife and I actually wrote the draft of a short book, a kind of handbook, on the U.S. brewing industry at that time.  We aimed to have a page of information on each brewery.  We were especially interested in the microbrewery movement that was then starting, just as some of the regional breweries were being bought up by the giants or going out of business.  If there is someone doing research on this period in the U.S. brewing industry who would like to have the material that we collected, I would be glad to send it, at my expense.  I also have a print-out (yes, from the early 1980s) of a draft of the book.

Lowell Edmunds

Dan Malleck, PhD
Assistant Professor, Community Health Sciences
Brock University
500 Glenridge Ave
St. Catharines, Ontario
L2S 3A1
905 688-5550 ext 5108

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail, including any attachments, may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by e-mail and immediately delete this message and its contents, and then find someone to blame. Thank you.