Dear all
I am submitting this individual's question to benefit from the collective wisdom of the list.  Please respond to him directly, since he is not on this list (of course you can send your response to the list, too, so we can all benefit from the information).

Dan Malleck

From: "Amund Tallaksen" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Drug policy/history Ph.D programs

Hello

I write to you because I am currently looking for Ph.D programs in the
United States or Canada, and my main interest is drug policy and the
history of drug abuse. I am a Norwegian citizen, and have a BA in
American Studies from the University of Oslo, and an additional year
of undergraduate studies from the University of Texas. I am currently
finishing an MA in American History at Leiden University in the
Netherlands. I have also worked for some 8 months at a detox clinic in
Oslo, Norway, so I have some personal experience when it comes to
drug-addiction treatment, synthetic opiates and drugs in general.

At the moment I am trying to find relevant programs in the United
States or Canada (History or American Studies), and was advised to get
in touch with you from Professor Rorabaugh at UW Seattle. I have been
in touch with the University of Texas and Professor Mark C. Smith, and
he seemed very positive about my research plans. I am also aware that
Carnegie-Mellon and Yale have drug policy expertise. Can you give me
some advice to other schools that might have relevant programs and
faculty?

In advance, thank you very much!

--
Best regards
Amund Tallaksen

Dan Malleck, PhD
Brock University, St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada.
Secretary/Treasurer, The Alcohol and Drugs History Society
Editor-in-chief, Social History of Alcohol and Drugs: An Interdisciplinary Journal
http://historyofalcoholanddrugs.typepad.com

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail, including any attachments, may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by e-mail and immediately delete this message and its contents, and then find someone else to blame. Thank you.