From: Heather Muir
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2008 10:49 AM
To: [log in to unmask]'
Subject: Interview Request - Drug Expert/Historian

Matthew,

I’m hoping that you can assist me with an interview request.  Perhaps this interview criterion applies to you directly.  Here’s hoping.  Truly, any direction that you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

I work on The Jon Dore Television Show.  Most folks know Jon as the Roving Reporter on the first three seasons of Canadian Idol.  He has his own show in its second season, on The Comedy Network. Jon is an award winning comedian.  He was nominated for a Gemini for his work in season one.

Each episode has a theme and combines scripted comedy with expert interviews.  That is why I’m writing.  Episode 213 is titled ‘Jon Does Drugs’. I’m looking for a drug expert/historian to join us for an interview.  We are hoping to sit down and discuss the history of drugs in society.   This is not hard hitting but we are looking for the facts.  However,  a healthy sense of humour is always a plus!

The questions will be along these lines:

  • What are drugs?
  • Who invented them?
  • Where do drugs come from?
  • Why do people use them?
  • Why are drugs illegal?
  • What negative effects have drugs had on our society?

I must make you aware that our show is not everyone’s cup of tea.  We are very irreverent – Gemini nominated but irreverent.  That said, have had some impressive guests join us – the Head of Psychiatry from North York General, a  Buddhist Monk, Dr. Kirsty Duncan on Climate Change, Judy Rebick on equality, etc.  We are a professional, tight knit crew and we treat our guests very well.  Jon is charming and makes even those on camera for the first time, feel very comfortable.  We tape in Toronto the week of December 1st.

I would like to discuss the show and the interview opportunity with you at you earliest convenience.

Thank you for your help.

Heather Muir

Heather Muir
Co-Producer