From Sara Geyer <[log in to unmask]>

Dear listmembers.
Please reply to the author of this inquiry.

-Dan Malleck

>To the editorial board:
>
>I came across your site in a search for information about the
>history of alcohol and law school. As husband begins his first year
>of law school, we've been surprised by both the number of school
>sponsored events centered around or at least involving drinking as
>well as the number of students who drink heavily (I'm defining that
>as five or more alcoholic beverages in one night). I am interested
>in learning more about the history of drinking and law schools. Has
>the trend of lawyers drinking heavily always been present? When was
>it first noted? How did the association begin--coming up with new
>classes of students or down from older lawyers?
>
>If you have any related articles, please advise me as to where I can
>locate those. If such a topic has not previously been addressed,
>perhaps I will submit one for future review should my research prove fruitful.
>
>Thanks for your help and time.
>
>SG

Dan Malleck, PhD
Associate Professor, Community Health Sciences
Brock University
500 Glenridge Ave
St. Catharines, Ontario
L2S 3A1
905 688-5550 ext 5108

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail, including any attachments, may
contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the
intended recipient, please notify the sender by e-mail and
immediately delete this message and its contents, and then find
someone to blame. Thank you.