From Sara Geyer <[log in to unmask]>

Dear listmembers.
Please reply to the author of this inquiry.

-Dan Malleck

To the editorial board:

I came across your site in a search for information about the history of alcohol and law school. As husband begins his first year of law school, we've been surprised by both the number of school sponsored events centered around or at least involving drinking as well as the number of students who drink heavily (I'm defining that as five or more alcoholic beverages in one night). I am interested in learning more about the history of drinking and law schools. Has the trend of lawyers drinking heavily always been present? When was it first noted? How did the association begin--coming up with new classes of students or down from older lawyers?

If you have any related articles, please advise me as to where I can locate those. If such a topic has not previously been addressed, perhaps I will submit one for future review should my research prove fruitful.

Thanks for your help and time.

SG

Dan Malleck, PhD
Associate Professor, Community Health Sciences
Brock University
500 Glenridge Ave
St. Catharines, Ontario
L2S 3A1
905 688-5550 ext 5108

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail, including any attachments, may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by e-mail and immediately delete this message and its contents, and then find someone to blame. Thank you.