Reading the post about Iowa reminded that growing up there, 1945-55, my
father had to go to the State Liquor Store with his booklet in which were
recorded every purchase that he made.  That method tracked every individual
purchaser.  The only liquor available outside of State Liquor Stores was 3.2
beer.

This system may have lasted until the mid-1970s, when Iowa started allowing
the sales of individual liquor drinks in licensed places.

My family drank very little liquor, so my father's booklet was probably
pretty unimpressive!

Austin Kerr

--
K. Austin Kerr
Professor Emeritus of History, Ohio State University