Dear IES Alumni,

We are making final plans for the IES 40th year anniversary celebration on February 10 and 11, 2012.   The weekend events will be kicked off by the Gene and Carol Willeke Frontiers in Environmental Sciences lecture on Thursday night Feb 9.  Dr. Michael Webber from the University of Texas will be speaking on the nexus of water, energy, and food production.  Reunion events are now scheduled for Friday and Saturday Feb 10 and 11, and include a Friday evening mixer, a Saturday morning panel discussion on the IES programs, an afternoon field trip to Fernald Preserve, and a Saturday evening dinner celebration.  The attached reservation form will help us plan for the number of meals on Saturday, and for field trip transportation.  Please check the list of events you plan to attend and send to Chris Ingham ([log in to unmask]) by Feb 1.

The reunion events were originally to be held at Hueston Woods State Park Lodge, but the lodge management is changing one week prior to our event and they could not guarantee our reservations.  Events will therefore be held on campus at the Miami Inn.  We have reserved a block of rooms at area motels for those who would like to stay overnight Friday and/or Saturday.  Room reservation information is provided in the attached form.

I hope you can attend part or all of the events.  Reunite with classmates and help us celebrate 40 years of IES!  We hope to see you in February!

Best in 2012,

Tom

Thomas O. Crist
Director, Institute for the Environment and Sustainability
Professor, Department of Zoology
Miami University
254 Upham Hall
Oxford, OH 45056