Hey guys,

This week’s meeting will be on Wednesday at 7pm in BEN 009

This week we will not be having a workshop. Instead we will be discussing the topic of cyberspace warfare and computer security in general.

Some of the things we will cover:
1. the process of a hacker entering a system such as how they find and exploit vulnerabilities
2. how companies defend against these attacks by identifying and stopping them
3. we will also go into some depth about the current political climate for hacking on a national level (i.e.: cyberspace warfare)

Afterwards, we will discuss the ACM competition some more and I will answer any questions you may have.

In order to get you in the mood for a discussion on hacking, check out these realistic videos on what cybersecurity is like on a daily basis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8qgehH3kEQ <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8qgehH3kEQ>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aApTVqeGJMw <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aApTVqeGJMw>

and cyberspace warfare - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5SpPPRkd30 <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5SpPPRkd30>

Thanks,