Dear IES Alumni:

It is my pleasure to announce that Dr. Jonathan Levy, Associate Professor of Geology and Environmental Earth Science, has been named as the new Director of IES, starting July 1, 2015.  Jonathan has been actively involved in the IES throughout his career at Miami, and I am confident he will do an excellent job in this role.  He brings to the position expertise in water resources, which is the most common career path taken by students in the Master of Environmental Science program.  Jonathan has served as an internship or practicum advisor for numerous MEn students, as the academic advisor for the undergraduate co-major in environmental science, and as ​a long-time member of the IES Executive Committee.  He is therefore already familiar with the IES goals and strategies since its reorganization in 2011.

During my past four years as IES Director, I have greatly appreciated ​your contributions of time, talents, and gifts to support the institute.  The IES alumni are among our most valuable assets, and I am grateful for your experience and generosity​.  My years as IES Director have been among the most rewarding of my career, knowing that the work we do to prepare environmental professionals makes a difference to the sustainability of our society and planet.

I look forward to working with Jonathan this summer as he transitions into the director position, and hope that you will continue to

​support​ the IES in the coming years.

All the best,

Tom

Thomas O. Crist

Director, Institute for the Environment and Sustainability

Professor, Department of Biology

Miami University

Oxford, OH 45056

513-529-5811 (voice)