I spent the day car-birding the Killdeer Plains area in Wyandot and Marion
Counties.Temperature never exceeded 8, but the winds thankfully had
subsided to only 10 m.p.h. or so. Highlights:

Raptors:

Rough-legged Hawk--2 light morphs
Northern Harrier--1 male, at least 5 females, 1 immature
Red-tailed Hawk--13
Cooper's Hawk--2
Bald Eagle--2. Both landed on the nest visible from Town Road 108 and
seemed to be doing some housekeeping. Since the nest was unoccupied for
some time and with 3 degree temperatures, I think we can assume there were
not any eggs yet.

Other birds:

American Tree Sparrow--everywhere! I counted 150 and if you include the 50
or so sparrow species flushed from the roadside that were probably this
species there were probably 200.
Dark-eyed Junco--78
White-throated Sparrow--10
White-crowned Sparrow--2
Horned Lark--36
Lapland Longspur--8, along Larue-Marseilles Road south of Route 309.
Snow Bunting--1 with longspurs and larks.
Pine Siskin--4 at feeder along Route 119 just south of Harpster.
Red-headed Woodpecker--2 adults and 1 immature mostly molted to adult
plumage.

17 other common species.

Terry Bronson
Marietta, OH