I wasn't going to post this but people were posting Merlins today so I thought I should since eBird wouldn't take my sighting for January (yet).  I often see Merlins around where I live but I hadn't seen a Merlin since 11/4/18 south of the Marblehead Lighthouse.  I almost always drive down S. Quarry Rd (Quarry Rd) south of Rt 163 just west of Danbury High School as there is water on both sides of the road.  Today I saw a Merlin far west of Quarry Rd just south of 163 in a dead tree.  He was there for over a half hour.  I had one at this location in Nov 2017 three different times but so far this winter I hadn't seen any at this location and I always look when I drive down the road.  I was just on Quarry Rd very late in the day on 12/29/19 when there were very wet snowflakes and the woods near Rt 163 either side of Quarry Rd had many Golden-crowned Kinglets and a B. Creeper.  Today I just had A. Tree Sparrows & Juncos along the fence along the road and a Red-tailed Hawk.

Nancy Anderson,Danbury Twp,Lakeside-Marblehead area,
https://www.flickr.com/photos/nancy_a/