The wood duck reported Jan 26 on eBird at Schellin Pond, just south of the RR overpass off Bever St at the south edge of Wooster, was still present early afternoon today, along with about 20 mallards and two black ducks. The pond was frozen, but the ducks were all huddled together against the far north shore of the pond.

At the OSU/OARDC campus in Secrest Arboretum, a yellow-bellied sapsucker had been reported on eBird on Jan 23. I found it again this afternoon along the unpaved arboretum service road that parallels the 250/83 bi-pass, just south of the children's playground. The bird was high in a large hickory tree on the bi-pass side of the road. It has been seen there recently by others.

I also saw two individual rough-legged hawks soaring overhead in the open farm country north of Wooster.

Randy Rowe, Wooster