This morning a singing male Lark Sparrow was observed near the entrance to Oakes Quarry Park (near the parked construction equipment).

Two other Lark Sparrows were seen near the east end of the park.

Other species seen include Prairie Warbler (near the parking lot), Black Vulture, and Spotted Sandpiper.

Although not seen today, this park has been a reliable spot for Blue Grosbeaks in recent years.

Kevin