Presently, 9:30AM, just east of The Berlin Lake Trail in the Portage County section of Berlin Lake, a lone American White Pelican is present. I would assume this is the same bird that was east of the SR225 Bridge in Stark County just before dark last night, and also the original lone bird found back in September. How long will it stay? It’s five recent companions are not with it. Some of the other birds present are: Common Loon, American Coot, Common Merganser, Gadwall, Ruddy Duck, Lesser Scaup, Bonaparte’s Gull, Herring Gull, and Ring-billed Gull. A scope is needed!

Bob Lane / Mahoning County

Sent from myMail for iOS