I surveyed several areas west of Columbus -- in Hilliard (Frank's Park,Clover Goff Run) and along Big Darby Creek (PrairieOaks MetroPark, Battelle-Darby wetlands, Cedar Ridge).  Despite the cold morning, winter migrants were scarce - no new waterfowl, no horned larks, few sparrows.  But there were still some interesting birds, including

Great Egret - 1 was along the shore of a pond in the Clover Goff nature area

Harrier - 1 was foraging over the Sycamore Plains fields at Prairie Oaks

Bald Eagle - an adult bird was perched along the edge of Darby Dan airport

Merlin - one was plucking some poor landbird in a snag in Franks Park in Hilliard

Pileated Woodpeckers - one was at Sycamore Plains Trail, but 2 were at Cedar Ridge

Cedar Waxwings - small flocks were at many of the spots along big Darby Creek

Tree Sparrow - my FOS was along the Hawthorn Trail at Cedar Ridge in Battelle Darby MetroPark

Swamp Sparrows - singles were at many locations in both Hilliard and Big Darby