We stopped by Sims park after spending the day on a pelagic boat trip out of the Flats in Cleveland. While we saw tons of gulls and very few red-breasted mergansers on Lake Erie off Cleveland, at Sims Park, there were flocks of mergs flying back and forth in large numbers. We did manage to find a group of six black scoters off the pier there. We also saw a flock of about 50 common goldeneye and a few bufflehead and hooded mergansers. Randy Rowe, Wooster