The Columbus Audubon trip to this hotspot northeast of the city found a
largely ice-free reservoir and moderately cool weather, which made for a
nice morning, but mediocre birding.  We stopped at the Dam, Walnut St., and
Maxtown boat ramps, then took a warm-up break at inniswood .  Later, I made
a quick survey of Baldridge Boat ramp, Oxbow, and TwinBridges.  Ring-billed
Gulls were the subtle star, with flocks at nearly every stop;  it wasn't
until my later survey that i finally found some winter waterfowl.  Best
finds were:

BlackDucks - seemed to be on the move, with small groups at many different
locations
Gadwall - a group of 8 were in the spillway below the dam
Goldeneye - a few were at Baldridge boat ramp, and 10 were off Area O on
the east shore
Mergansers - 10 Commons were off Baldridge boat ramp, while 2 Red-breasteds
were off Area O.  The only Hoodeds were 10 on the inlet at Twin Bridges
Gulls - flocks of Ring-billed Gulls totaling more than 400 birds were
scattered between the Dam, Maxtown, Balridge Boat Ramp, and Twin Bridges
Bald Eagles - an immature was at Baldridge boat ramp, while an adult flew
by Twin Bridges
Turkey Vultures - singles were at Mudhen Marsh and Area O
Red-headed Woodpeckers - 1 was along the trail at Inniswood, while another
was calling from the slough at Mudhen Marsh
E.Bluebirds - 5 were at the dam, while another 2 were visiting the feeders
at Inniswood
Yellow-rumped Warblers - small groups were at Maxtown Boat ramp and Mudhen
Marsh
Sparrows - startlingly scarce, with few anywhere.  Notable was a Tree
Sparrow at the County Line Bridge fishing access.