Wandered around sites southeast of Columbus this morning, starting in
Pickerington and working southwest towards Walnut Woods.  The cold,clear
morning seemed to perk up a lot of the birds, and I had singing Cardinals &
Sparrows in many places.  Notables included:

Waterfowl - Pick Ponds was mostly frozen, but the few open patches in
Greenwing Pond and Mallard Marsh held Mute Swans, N.Shovelers (23),
Bufflehead, and Hooded Mergansers

Shorebirds - nothing but Killdeer, but they were at multiple spots

Raptors - Red-tailed Hawks were abundant, with 1-2 at nearly every stop,
often displaying pairs.  I Bald Eagle was still around the nest south of
Greenwing Pond, and a Kestrel graced the entrance to the Buckeye area of
Walnut Woods.

Vultures - Turkey Vultures were at most stops, with 5 at Portmann Park the
high

Sapsucker - 1 adult was calling in the Tall Pines area of Walnut Woods

HermitThrushes - 2 were along the bike path loop at the Tall Pines area of
Walnut Woods

Yellow-rumped Warblers - a few in many locations, but 10 in the Tall Pines
area was unusual

E.Towhees - 2 were along the bike path at Turnberry, while singles were at
Portman Park and the Tall Pines area of Walnut Woods.

Sparrows - a flock of 12 Chipping Sparrows at Sycamore Creek Park in
Pickerington was unusual.  4 Tree Sparrows around the feeders at Pick Ponds
was much more expected.

Blackbirds - Redwings were at virtually every stop; with 10 at the Wood
Duck picnic area in Pick Ponds the high