Early 'winter migrants' were starting to appear around this Metropark southwest of Columbus this morning.  I stopped at Cedar Ridge, Indian Ridge, Wagtail Trail, and the Hunting area today, and found birds generally still scarce, with most ponds and lakes still frozen. Notables included:

BlackVultures - 7 were roosting near Lake Osprey down near Darbydale

Red-shouldered hawk - 1 was calling along Grassle Creek in the Hunting Area

Kestrel - 1 was along  SR 665 just east of Darbydale

Killdeer - 1 was calling around the prairie and farmfields of the Wagtail Trail

Kinglets - a Ruby-crown was along the Hawthorn Trail at Cedar Ridge, while a Golden-crown was along the Wagtail Trail
Horned Larks - single flyovers were at many locations, suggesting that they're starting to move

E.Bluebirds - singing males were in many open areas, especially around the prairies at Indian Ridge and the Wagtail Trail

Yellow-rumpedWarblers - singles were at several different locations

Blackbirds - small groups of Redwings were at most stops, topped by 40+ on the Indian Ridge prairie.  The Wagtail trail also had a flyover flock of 10 Common Grackles.