We decided to try beating the heat by heading north to this shaded gorge park south of Ashland, and made a good choice.  not only were the temperatures reasonable, but the birds were decent as well, with most of the unusual residents putting in an appearance.  We hiked the Lyons Falls Trail early, then did Hog Hollow, and the Gorge Overlook.  Notables included:

Flycatchers - nothing very unusual, but LOTS of Acadians
Swallows - nothing besides the expected Barns & Rough-wings, but the latter were nesting in crevices by Big Lyons Falls
Winter Wren - had 1 singing adult, as well as a recent fledgling running around on logs, on the lower part of the Lyons Falls Trail

Vireos - loads of Red-eyed, but also had 5-6 Yellow-throated and 1 Blue-headed
Thrushes - Veeries all over the low areas, probably 20+.  Also had Wood thrushes.
Mimids - only 1 Catbird

Warblers - 10 species, including Ceruleans (3-4), Parula, Hoodeds, Blackburnian, Pine, Ovenbirds, Black-thr.Greens (8-10), Louisiana Waterthrushes, Magnolias, Redstarts

Buntings,grosbeaks - a few Indigo Buntings, but no grosbeaks
Tanagers - had a few singing Scarlets at every stop
Orioles - a few Baltimores around the Covered Bridge
Finches - singing Purple Finch was in Hog Hollow