I birded Coal Ridge Park (CRP), the Great Guernsey Trail wetlands west of Reservoir Road (GGT), and 3 locations at Salt Fork State Park (SFSP) today. I was pleased to find 11 different species of ducks--not unexpected this time of year--as follows.

Wood Duck--10 GGT, 2 SFSP
Gadwall--20 GGT
Northern Shoveler--2 SFSP
Blue-winged Teal--15 GGT
Mallard--2 CRP, 20 GGT
American Black Duck--5 GGT
Green-winged Teal--5 GGT, 1 SFSP
Northern Pintail--6 GGT
Ring-necked Duck--3 SFSP
Lesser Scaup--1 GGT
Ruddy Duck--4 GGT

Others of note:

Canada Goose--190 GGT
Pied-billed Grebe--30 GGT, 4 SFSP
American Coot--53 GGT
Common Gallinule--1 GGT. Nested there this year.
Killdeer--1 SFSP
Double-crested Cormorant--4 SFSP
Ring-billed Gull--8 SFSP
Red-headed Woodpecker--1 CRP, 2 GGT
Eastern Phoebe--1 SFSP
Ruby-crowned Kinglet--1 CRP, 1 GGT
Purple Finch--1 CRP
Swamp Sparrow--3 CRP, 1 GGT
White-throated Sparrow--4 CRP, 4 GGT
Cape May Warbler--1 GGT
Blackpoll Warbler--1 GGT
Yellow-rumped Warbler--10 CRP, 5 GGT, 1 SFSP

--
Terry Bronson
Marietta, OH