This morning while I was outside scoping sun flower seeds  , I heard Swans constantly calling, flying from the north to the southeast.
Since it was snowing I could only hear them
I had gotten (foe free) a National Geographic magazine at a book sale that had an article about Swans.( Benjamin Franklin in his fur hat was on the cover)
  Researchers had radio tagged Swans on the Chesapeake Bay and followed them in a plane
as they lifted up about sunset then landed on Mosquito Lake, NE Ohio -.around.  . sunrise.  The first stop on their journey to Canada

The article said
that it was thought before this research that the Swans flew in a straight line .below the Great Lakes.
This proves that habitat is very important  and that Mosquito Lake is important.
Carole Babyak   Howland Twp. NE Ohio