Went to Huntington Reservation to look for the redpoles. Across from nature center is a large field of dried  goldenrod, asters and other flower seed heads. Spent 1/2 hr on the center trail peaking through the dried plants getting glimpses  of one Redpole. Went to outside along the grass and there was not just one Redpole but 5 right out in the open.
Also seen 25+ Goldfinch and 2 White-throated Sparrows.

Pleasant surprise yesterday when a Fox Sparrow appeared on my patio mixed in with all house sparrows. I live in a condo in North Royalton and have a feeder on my patio. Get lots of House Sparrows and never thought a Fox sparrow would come so close to the house. Also had  a juvenile White-crowned sparrow, Chickadee and Cardinal.

Jo Ann Kubicki