Denison Bio Reserve was quiet but I had a flyover Sharp-shinned Hawk and also happened upon a gathering of vultures on my way out. There were at least 7 Black Vultures which outnumbered the TVs. My guess is there was something dead in the area they were interested in. Only a few White-throated Sparrows. Some faded Am Goldfinches.

At home, I had at least one Pine Siskin at my feeders.

I ventured out to Buckeye Lake to see if I could find the Lesser Black-backed Gull reported there even though I saw several in Cape May a week or so ago, both adults & imm. No luck on the gull at Buckeye, just Ringbilleds, but I did have a close Common Tern that was diving/fishing & I got some decent photos.

Peggy Wang
Granville