Walked around Alum Creek Dam this afternoon, so a posting would seem a good complement to Casey's notes from the Beach.   I accessed the dam both from the Spillway (which had virtually nothing) and from Africa Rd (which was much more birdy).   Small groups of Bonaparte's Gulls were fishing in the reservoir, and there were a few flocks of ducks, including Scaup, Bufflehead, and Red-br.Mergansers.

Landbirds along the forest edge on the eastern part of the dam were also interesting, and included small flocks of Redwinged Blackbirds and Rusty Blackbirds, as well as several Yellow-rumped Warblers and a Brown Creeper among the more expected chickadees, nuthatches, and woodpeckers.   I couldn't find the Snow Buntings that have been sporadically reported there for the past several weeks, but there's a lot of rip-rap that they could be hiding around.