I stopped at several spots along the Scioto River in Columbus, and didn't find much on this cold morning.  Stops at Scioto Audubon, Long St. Dam, Watermark Lake, Quarry Lake, Shrum Mound Lake, Quarry Trails Lake section, and Griggs Dam found river levels very high, but not many waterfowl, even in lakes away from the river.  Notables included:

Swans - Watermark Lake had 4 Mute Swans and 1 Trumpeter Swan
Cormorants - rare in January, there were 3 at Scioto Audubon, and 1 at Quarry Trails
Waterfowl - nothing but a few groups of mallards, geese, and hoodies;   best were 24 Hoodies in the bay at Scioto Audubon.
Gulls - small numbers at most stops; all Ring-bills except for 1 juvie Herring at Griggs.
BaldEagle - a juvenile was terrorizing the waterfowl at Quarry Lake, passing over them repeatedly, probably trying to see if one was slow or crippled
Woodpeckers - odd day, with Downies scarce, but had 2 sapsuckers at Scioto Audubon and Hairies at 2 locations (Scioto Audubon, Griggs)
Robins - flocks all along the river, but the biggest was 160 birds feasting on callery pears at Quarry Trails
Starlings - even bigger flocks than Robins, with large flocks flying up and down the river;  Long St. dam had flocks totaling 300 birds.
Sparrows - surprisingly light, with only small groups of Songs & White-throateds
Finches - nothing but the expected flocks of House Finches, Goldfinches, and House Sparrows