Wanting to see hill forest, but only having the morning, we opted for these
2 adjoining preserves in the valley north of Clear Creek, and weren't
disappointed.   Lots of singing residents & migrants made for pleasant
hikes at both spots.   Notables included

Flycatchers - lots of Pewees, but also Acadian, Phoebes, & E.Kingbirds
Vireos - White-eyed, Yellow-throated, lots of Red-eyed
Thrushes - Swainsons & Woods common;   Wahkeena also had Gray-cheeked,
while Rhody Cove had a singing Hermit Thrush
Mimids - only Catbirds, but a Mockingbird was at the sculpture park on the
way down to them
Warblers - Yellow, Chestnut-sided, Magnolias, Black-thr.Greens, Ovenbirds,
La.Waterthsuh (Wahkeena only), Bay-breasted, Blackburnian, Redstart,
Yellow-throated, Hooded, ComYellowthroat, Canada (had one at Rhody Cove,
but just missed 2 seen by other birders at Wahkeena)
Tanagers - multiple Scarlets singing at both spots
Grosbeaks,Buntings - both Rose-breasted Grosbeaks and Indigo Buntings at
both spots
Orioles - singing Baltimores and Orchards at both spots
Yellow-br.Chat - one was calling around the entrance trail at Rhody Cove.

Birds weren't the only stars at Rhododendron Cove; we also had clusters of
blooming Pink Lady's Slippers, Showy Orchis, and lots of blooming
Deerberry.   No blooming azaleas, Rhodies, or Laurels yet, but that's an
excuse to go back next month.  Hats off to Jim Davidson for helping
preserve such a great spot.