Yesterday on the Towpath Trail in Clinton, Summit County, I got all 7 species of Ohio woodpeckers. I've never gotten them all in one day before. They were all within a 2-mile stretch and while I could have gotten them all on one checklist, I always do one checklist when I walk north from the parking lot (6 on that one) and then another checklist when I walk south (Red-headed). This happened thanks to the variation in habitat, the migratory timing of the Yellow-bellied Sapsucker (juvenile), and the cooperation of all of them.
Separately, 5 Merlins came in to Greenlawn Memorial Park Cemetery in Akron Friday evening the 28th. For anyone interested, I will be presenting a free Zoom program about my observations over 5 years and the first documented nesting attempt in Summit County for our November 22 virtual meeting of the Greater Akron Audubon Society.  The link can be found at November 22, 2022 - Greater Akron Audubon Society

Kathy MockBarberton