*Please register for FaCT'snext Distinguished Speaker Event:November 4 @
3PM ETwith author Doug Tallamy-*

*"The Nature of Oaks:The Rich Ecologyof our Most Essential Native Trees"*

*REGISTER: **NOV. 4, 2023*
<https://factohio.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6e4654e17d77740b6fe1a41fb&id=1e22bc6563&e=81dd8dca10>
Scary headlines about the decline of the natural world that serves as our
life support have spurred homeowners across the country to take action by
planting natives that will help reverse this trend. No plant will achieve
this faster than one of our 91 species of oaks.  Oaks support more species
of animals, sequester more carbon, protect our watersheds, and nourish soil
communities better than any other plant genus in North America. Tallamy
will discuss these roles by following the many fascinating things that are
happening on the oaks in his yard each month of the year. His hope is to
supply the knowledge about oaks that will generate interest in them, and,
with any luck, compassion for these magnificent trees.

*Douglas W. Tallamy* is Professor and Chair of the Department of Entomology
and Wildlife Ecology at the University of Delaware in Newark, Delaware.
Chief among his research goals is to better understand the many ways
insects interact with plants and how such interactions determine the
diversity of animal communities.

Participants in this Zoom even will be eligible to win a hardback copy of *The

<https://factohio.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6e4654e17d77740b6fe1a41fb&id=4247c3af60&e=81dd8dca10>

--
*“Whether we and our politicians know it or not, Nature is party to all our
deals and decisions, and she has more votes, a longer memory, and a sterner