Thanks, Jim, for livening up the list.

I'd be glad to contribute my "feminist" stuff...(as if anything can be
separated from feminism)...not sure how it would fit into a unit.

My 112 students read stuff on the theme of the fairy tale, "The REd
Shoes"; besides the tale, I added:
 "When the Year Grows Old," a short story/chapter in Amy Bloom's book,
*Come to Me*;
chapter 8 from *Women Who Run with Wolves*;
a poem by Heidi Ziegler (about dancin' shoes & goin for the gusto??--
my reductive summary, I'm afraid)
and the 1947 ballet movie, "The Red Shoes"

John has xeroxes of those.  I can make more, if you like.

I tried (note the word "tried") to encourage students to contextualize
common threads and tangents within/among each of the texts.  The movie
is actually a "text w/in a text" anyway.  So the unit provided a new
way for students to "read" movies and many alternatives for critiquing
traps, obsessions, choices in their own lives & in society.  The unit
succeeded for those students who were used to assimilating several texts
at once (over half the class, I guess); the rest were stuck and found
it hard to hang on to something to write about due to the overload (a
problem w/ 112 classes overall, I guess).

I'd like to see your abstract & hear about the NcTe stuff.

kim