Is there a repository out there collecting the personal letters and
artifacts of the young people who fought and died in Viet Nam?  For the
most part, these were the sons of the working class whose parents are now
dying off.  Is anyone trying to capture this piece of history which is
about to be thrown on the trash heap?

I have my brother's letters and memorabilia from his tour there in
1966-67.  I would like to put them in a safe place so historians can tell
this important part of the Viet Nam story which continues to be neglected.

I have received no response from "Friends of the Viet Nam Memorial" after
2 tries, and the Park Service only collects items left at "The Wall."

Please respond to me at:

Sandra Johnson