Sorry to bring this up somewhat late, but I was out of town and just read
the Special Announcement/Swimsuit Issue Brouhaha and felt the need to send
my two cents on this; to wit:
Hey, come on now!
I'm sure Mike Tarabulski will concur the list is a cocktail party without
alcohol,  where we each can get involved in whatever party conversation
whichever archival clicque is involved in at any given moment,  from the
most <most serious>,to the needful of everyday referrals, to job opportunities,
to interesting issues on access and what or whether to charge our patrons.
If we need to begin separate lists for asides and sidebars, I know I would
feel less a member of a fascinating group of highly involved and knowledgeable
professionals, and more like a wily crank requesting say, an archival
personals list! for example. . . I mean,  I could be interested in some tall
handsome guy who knows his way around history. . .
Just out of lurking, and wondering who will "flame" me on this-
Regina "Spike the librarian" Silvestri