Subject:      Basic Supervisory "Text" Anyone have
any suggestions for a Basic Supervisory Skills
"textbook" to be used for a non-credit, 9 week
certificate program.

Karen, your post raises interesting questions
regarding what is a supervisory skill, vs other skills
that a unit manager may need.  I would count the
finance skills in the later.  This  text  addresses
many of the other supervisory skills
you mentioned.  On Becoming a Master Manager:
A Competency Framework by  Quinn, (U of Mich)
Faerman,(SUNY Albany) Thompson, (BYU)
McGrath (USC) John Wiley and Sons 1990.  There
is a companion Instructor Manual that I have not
seen.  The authors state that they have used the
material in large scale programs for professional
managers. Chris Saeger, Sr. Training Dev.
Associate, Disaster Preparedness, American Red
Cross