Since a few people asked me to summarize for the list, here goes....
I received five responses. Some schools are charging directly to student
records Some are allowing free copies to a certain point and then
charging for copies. (The person that responded stated that they are
using the honor system.) Several are selling computer disks and
encouraging patrons to download informtion to the disks or in one place
to their email addresses. One person noted that the place she attended
library school used vend cards but was unsure if the practice was still
in place. A final place sends all print jobs to one central place and
then one pays for it there. This person also brought up the issue of
charging students (or members) one fee and non-students a higher fee.

I didn't use names as I did not get permission to quote people directly.
I hope this provides information on what I think will be an interesting
issue for all of us. Thanks to all of you that replied. Danna
Bell-Russel, Archivist, Washingtoniana Division, DC Public Library,
Washington, DC