At 8:24 AM 10/4/96, [log in to unmask] wrote:
>Since Halloween approaches, and someone has raised
>the lid on the macabre, how about this: our collection
>contains _LIDOLATRIE HUGUENOTE_ (Lyon: Pierre Rigaud,
>1608) bound in human skin.  Any of you folks know how common such bindings are?

This is a perennial topic on the ExLibris list, but fortunately there is an
easily searchable index to the list at
http://palimpsest.stanford.edu/byform/mailing-lists/exlibris/ that can at
least provide a starting point for further discussion.

Now if we could just have the same for the Archives list, I would never
have to see another message on time capusles again...

Peter B. Hirtle
Manager, Digital Access Coalition       phone:  607/255-3530
2B Kroch Library                        fax:    607/255-9524
Cornell University                      e-mail: [log in to unmask]
Ithaca, NY 14853-5302