[log in to unmask] (aaron t porter) writes:
>>       As far as I can tell, it was only DNS that was really dead.  I was
>> able to get to most sites I knew the IP address for.  My last experiment
>> with this was about 9:30pm though.
>
>I don't know the specifics, but I believe it's more than that.  It appears
>that our connection to OARNET (our Internet provider) has been flakey since
>late yesterday afternoon.

I'm pretty sure that's right -- I noticed that name lookups were taking
forever, so I redefined my client's primary DNS address to the library's,
and I got the same response, so I tried pinging some IP addresses I know
that lie outside Miami, and got a *lot* of packet lossage.  Kent told me
that the pager on MIAVX1 was filled this morning with pages going to folks
in Networking, complaining that our OARNet connection had gone down.

Clayton