The Good Templar publication, The Globe Magazine: International
Alcohol and Drug Problems, no. 1 (1998), includes reviews of a couple
of historical books.  One of them is my monograph, Temperance &
Racism, and the other is Caroline Benn's new biography of the Labour
Party pioneer Keir Hardie (who was a Good Templar in his youth).
Like most academic historians I write from outside the temperance
movement, so I was glad to see how at least one Good Templar reacted
to my book about his fraternal temperance society.  A question: do
the major temperance journals (e.g., the Union Signal) review
academic histories of the temperance movement?