FACULTYTALK Archives

February 2006

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Lee Reed <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Feb 2006 00:27:05 -0500
Thank goodness there doesn't seem to be enough interest among
our members so that copyright holders might claim a potential
market for film clips that could be streamed to our computers
at relatively low cost from a bank of movies applicable to
many different academic subjects. Geez, people, I think I
counted at least 500 of you who want what belongs to someone
else for the price of a blank DVD, plus shipping. And the
rationalizations! At least my students act embarrassed when
they attempt to justify their peer-to-peer piracy. We're going
to get Fran and Dan (that sounds cute when you say it fast)
arrested for running the ALSB ListServ to aid and abet
copyright theft. Orange jumpsuits anyone?

Bill, er, I'm not actually going to say I want one of those
collections, but you know my address . . .