OHIO-BIRDS Archives

July 2022

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Jul 2022 16:30:27 -0400
Mary C. And I went searching. Life bird for her. No success at VOA in Butler
county. They have gotten quiet. It was nice walking trails at VOA - usually I
Just road bird the place. Killer looks at Meadowlarks! And numbers of Martins
Around. Most I have seen in awhile in one spot. Maybe a post breeding staging
Area?

Anyway, we decided to try the Kilby Rd. Gravel pits - Hamilton county next.
My first time there. A beautiful preserved successional area - old gravel pits
I presume. It’s now a Hamilton county park. We even met a couple rangers who
Gave us advice for the area. But no Bells Vireo. At least I know this area now.
For next year. Bells is a Hamilton county bird for me.

Prothonotary Warblers, Yellow Warbler, and Common Yellowthroats vocal today.
With Singing. Blue Grosbeak, willow flys - just call notes.

Common Redshank in Michigan. Keep an eye out at shorebird spots when
That bird moves on!

Good birding all.

Sandra Keller

Sent from my iPad mini