MU-VMS Archives

January 1994

MU-VMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
March Hare <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University VMS News <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 1994 13:41:11 -0500
In article <[log in to unmask]>,
[log in to unmask] (Kent Covert) writes:

> Shouldn't this be UUDECODE filename.UUE/MODE=VAXBIN
>                                        ^^^^^^

Yes, I knew I was missing something, but could not put my finger
on it.  (Been a while, found a smarter decoder).

>> For more help, type:
>> $ HELP EXTENSIONS UUDECODE
>> on V1 or MIAVX1.
>>
>> On OCEAN, the parameters are different (just found out).  Type
>> $ HELP UUDECODE
>
> Are you sure?  They weren't meant to be.  In fact, I thought I compiled
> them from the same source code.

I am quite sure, unless the help file is lying.  One other thing I noticed
is that it is no longer under EXTENSIONS, so it may be lying around
somewhere else also.

John
--
Drivel of the year:
"...DOS is utterly unable to handle more than 1MB of memory.  Removing