MU-VMS Archives

March 1994

MU-VMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Miami University VMS News <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Mar 1994 08:15:08 -0500
When I read new items in a newsgroup, exit NEWS and then re-enter, that
newsgroup will not show any items or allow access to any items above
the first unread item.  If all items have been read then that newsgroup is
shown to be empty - even though there is a number of items shown to be
accessible when in my registered directory.
   Something like this happened occasionally after the new NEWS software was
installed on OCEAN but it was only with a few newsgroups and the newsgroups
always seemed to recover later.
Dennis