MU-VMS Archives

July 1995

MU-VMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"John C. Schinker" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University VMS Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 1995 16:34:05 -0500
>> MCIS Technical Support has just corrected this problem by adding a fix to
>> the NNTP newsreader software that uses ACQUIREd temporary space for NetNews-
>> related tmp files.  If anyone encounters any unusual NetNews behavior
>> (related to this fix or otherwise), please let us know.  Thanks!
>
> Some users reported a problem with this new fix starting at around 12:30PM.
> The system would allow the user into NEWS correctly, but they would receive
> the error message:

  [error messages deleted]

> This problem was related to the number of people accessing temporary space
> (we hit an all-time high after this change was put in).  This problem has
> now been fixed.

I'm still getting the error message, though I have had no problems in news
with disk quotas (my account is almost empty, though... over 2000 blocks free).

One other question... If I have temp space already acquired, will exiting from
news delete *that*, too?

-----
john.