CSCAISGC Archives

April 1996

CSCAISGC@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Paul Mongeau <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
CSCA Interpersonal & Small Group Communication <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Apr 1996 11:59:55 EST
Dear List Members -

I envision this to be the last message that I will send to the list
before I leave for the CSCA conference on Wednesday afternoon.  So, I
will see some of you in a few days...as for the rest of
you...well...you are going to miss a historic occasion.

I need a favor from all of you, though.  I presume that I am going to
have to meet with the Executive Committee of CSCA concerning the
official creation of the interest group.  One thing that would be
useful for me to have is some idea of how much interest there is in an
Interpersonal and Small Group Communication Interest Group at the
Central States Communication Association.  The Executive Committee is
concerned with questions like:

1.  Will the creation of the ISGC Interest Group increase the
Association's membership?  How many new members can be expected?

2. Will the creation of the ISGC Interest Group increase attendance at
CSCA conferences?  How many more attendees can be expected?

I certainly HOPE that the Executive Committee is going to ask for
extremely specific answers to those questions.  But what would help me
in answering these questions is some indication from list members as
to their support for the interest group.

SO HERE'S THE FAVOR THAT I NEED FROM YOU.  Given time constraints,
responding to this e-mail is probably the best thing you could do for
me.  In that response, please indicate your support for the interest
group and indicate if you (and/or your colleagues and students) would
be more likely to join CSCA and participate in CSCA conferences if the
ISCG Interest Group were created.

Thus far, I have received supporting messages from:

Melanie Barnes, DePauw
Frank Boster, Michigan State
Brant Burleson, Purdue
Nancy Burrell, Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Dan Canary, Penn State
Steve Duck, Iowa
Mary Anne Fitzpatrick, Wisconsin-Madison
Larry Frey, Loyola, Chicago
Laura Guerrero, Penn State
Dave Henningsen, Wisconsin-Madison
Jack Rhodes, Miami-Hamilton

As you can see there are students, faculty, and adminstrators represented.
There are representatives from Ph.D., M.A., and B.A. programs as well
as from branch campuses.  Big program or small, well known or not,
faculty, student, or administrator I would like your letter (well, e-mail
message) of support.

I appreciate your response and your putting up with my clogging up
your mailbox.  AGAIN, IF YOU WANT TO SEND A NOTE OF SUPPORT, SIMPLY
RESPOND TO THIS MESSAGE AND THE LETTER WILL COME BACK TO ME.  Thanks.

Paul Mongeau

          *  Paul Mongeau  -  Communication  -  Miami University *