MU-VMS Archives

April 1997

MU-VMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Shaken Angel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University OpenVMS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Apr 1997 09:33:28 -0500
George Greer ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
: Robert E. Williams, Jr. <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
: > Speaking of space allocations, are there any plans at MCIS for giving
: > students more space on VX1 in the near future? To have any kind of real
: > web page requires more than the maximum 1.5MB available, and just my mail
: > overflows the 0.5MB default allocation. As I've learned, the situation is

: I racked up 2.5 megs of mail in just one week away from a low volume
: mailing list. :)

: > they want.... And I bet most of the space allocated is still not used by
: > students, so the way I see it, there's currently no good reason not to
: > give a more reasonable amount of space to those who request it (and are

: Request an account on Scully.cas.muohio.edu, Entropy.muc.muohio.edu, or
: even Dragon.ham.muohio.edu if you'd like more disk space.  I know Scully

Just like to jump in here and note that the administrators of
entropy.muc.muohio.edu hope *rill darn soon* to have an Alpha machine as
their primary server.  Hopefully before the end of the year, and this will
present quite a speed jump for MUC as well as larger disk space.

-- john f.